Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ava's 1st Birthday

I know I know...I haven't posted since Ava was a month old.  I could come up with a million excuses why but none of them matter.  What does matter is that I am going to try to do better.  (won't be hard huh?)

To get started again we are going to go back in time to Ava's 1st Birthday Party.

I am not a very "creative idea" person.  I can be fairly crafty if I want to be but I have to copy other people I don't come up with the ideas on my own.  For whatever reason zebra print is really big right now and easy to find.  Therefore when it came to Ava's party I decided to just do zebra print, pink and purple...not very original but super cute and easy.  I made Ava a onesie with the #1 on it and her very creative and crafty Aunt Julia completed the outfit with a tutu and hair bow.


We did a taco bar for the food and I had a cake made.  All of Jeremy's family and my family were in attendance along with the Sherlock and the Rottinghaus Families.  Ava got completely spoiled and didn't get a nap that day but overall did very well. 

A friend from work tipped me off to get the whipped topping on Ava's cake so that it would smear better and boy was she right.  Ava L O V E D her cake and had no problem digging right in and making a mess.









Ava's gifts included everything from clothes to dolls.  She got a wagon from Grandma and Grandpa Stallbaumer however it was opened and put together in the afternoon so all the kids could go on a walk at once.  The sunglasses were from Cassie and Kellen.  She surprisingly left them on for a while!



Ava Ann had a great first birthday and we feel so blessed to have this healthy beautiful baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment