Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kansas Part 3: Ava's Day w/ Daddy

As Brooke mentioned in the last post I have become tasked for some reason to contribute to this blog. So here it goes...

Thursday was just like every other day in Kansas to this point, cold and windy. I had called my mothers parents, John and Anna Marie Kuckelman, that morning to see if they were ready to meet Ava. My Grandma answered and she said to come over and that she was excited to meet her. We left shortly after and headed over to Axtell. When we got inside we handed Ava off to my Grandma and that is where she stayed for the next 45 minutes. Ava was very good for her Great Grandma, so much so that we almost did not get her back to leave. Grandma told me that none of the other Great Grand-kids ever behaved well enough for her to hold her for that long. We said our good byes and Grandma and Grandpa reminded me again that I was there favorite grandchild.

We left Axtell and headed back to Seneca. We went through town and stopped at Picture This which is Brooke's favorite store in Seneca. Brooke bought a couple things and it gave Nancy, the stores owner, plenty of time to get acquainted with Ava.

We had to make one more stop after lunch and that was to see Mrs. McGeeney. Mrs. McGeeney was my typing teacher and volunteered to put together bulletins for our church when I was in school. A group of us would go down and help her staple them together on Wednesdays throughout the year. I met up with her again my Senior year when I was a teachers aid and she was a para in the same classroom. Brooke learned about Mrs. McGeeney around our wedding time when we asked her to be a Eucharistic Minister. She still brings it up all the time how wonderful she felt when we asked her and how she had to get a new dress and everything. Mrs. McGeeney caught us up on all the happenings around Seneca and how all of her family was doing.

Thursday was our last night in Seneca so my Parents grilled a couple racks of ribs and some salmon and Kevin, Julia and Kendal made another trip out to see us.

Friday I took Brooke to Marysville to meet up with her mom so she could get ready for Staci and Schylers couples shower and I headed back to Seneca to hang out with my sister Julia. I spent the morning playing with Ava and tossing things across the room for Kendal to fetch. We ate our last Friday non-meat meal of Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo and headed over to my Great Grandma Stallbaumers. Ava was good for Grandma and I was able to get a couple of pictures. Grandma reminded me again how I was her favorite grandchild.

I loaded Ava up and we headed towards Washington. We made a pit-stop in Marysville on the way to see the Noel's. Janelle fed Ava and I played with Ethan and Kolbie a while. When we finished up there we headed over to Washington for the rest of our stay in Kansas.

This concludes my portion of the blogging for now. I understand if you decide not to read anymore because I failed to include any interesting stories in the body of the blog and left you with no real cliffhanger to come back to and see how it ends. I will try harder next time. Maybe.

P.S. I will come back and add some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment