Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kansas Part 1

So I wish I would have had time to blog everyday we were in Kansas because it would have made this overwhelming trip a lot easier however I didn't so I'm going to try and recall everything that happened.

We arrive Monday afternoon in KC and Jeremy's dad picked us up. Ava did amazing on the plane she was a little fussy in the beginning because she was hungry but we fed her and she pretty much slept the rest of the plane ride. Everyone was asking us about her and how old she was they all thought she was adorable. (this was at the end of the plane ride when the realized she was quite the whole time, might have been different had she screamed the entire way) The flight attendant even gave us a pair of flight wings for her which I thought was really cute! So our journey started at 6:00am that morning and we finally arrived in Seneca sometime after 3:00 PM and the SPOILING began.

Jeremy's sister Julia and her son Kendal pretty much came out immediately. They happened to arrive at the house the same time Jeremy's mom did and it was a little bit of an argument who got to hold her first. From this moment on I don't feel like Ava was ignored for 10 days. That evening Jeremy's sister Janelle and her kids came over, it was so fun to have all the cousins together for the first time.
On Tuesday Jeremy and I got up early and headed to Marysville so I could get my hair cut by Lacey. On our way to Marysville Jeremy asked me if I wanted to go to Hanover to see Max and Dean since Emily wasn't working that day. I of course said yes and Emily of course was all for the idea. So we ventured on down Hwy 36 to meet the Dragastin cousins. Max was so excited when we first got there however his interest in Ava last about 2 minutes then he was back off to his trucks. Dean, with his laid-back personality, just looked at her a grinned. Aunt Emily thought she was pretty special also will all her bows and ruffles.

Jeremy and I decided to take Max and Ava over to Washington to see/meet Papa Tom and Uncle Justin. We stopped by Justin's office first then out to the clinic to see Papa. My dad was so surprised and I know excited to see us. He was telling all the "old farmers" in the clinic that Ava was his grand-daughter and this was this first time he got to meet her. We swung by my house to see my mom over her lunch hour and she was excited we decided to come over. Jeremy, Max, Ava, & I headed back to Hanover and ate Ricky's for lunch with Emily and Dean.

We then headed back to Seneca to go meet Uncle James who was coming home for the afternoon. Uncle James was very proud and held her for over an hour while she slept. Ava has a thing for men with big shoulders.

That night we headed back over to Marysville for Pizza at Janelle and Ryan's. My entire family and Jeremy's entire family was there. This was very special for us. We love that our families get along and can spend time all together. Ava of course was passed around after she "wet" Aunt Janelle's floor. However we will blame this on daddy because he was a little slow with the diaper change.

So I've only made it through 2 days of our trip and the post is already lengthy so I will try to post again tomorrow about the day we spent in Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment